Thursday, May 20, 2010

Surprises, smoothies, sunshine.

I can't even say how happy I am that the sun is FINALLY out! After 3 days of rain and cloudiness the sun has made a glorious reappearance and I've already spent some time out in it, working on my chair and reading poetry.

After a really cloudy/drizzly day yesterday, the sun actually appeared and I took advantage of that and rode my bike for almost an hour. It was dusk when my ride ended, and with such a clear evening I knew there was one thing I had to do-swing. I haven't done that yet since I've been home and it's one of my most favorite activities. I can't really explain how freeing it is to be able to pump your legs and go really really high, feeling weightless as you free fall towards the earth time and time again. I've done some of my deepest thinking on my favorite swing. Sometimes I recall some of my most treasured memories and other times I daydream of the future and some of the most significant moments that are yet to come-falling in love, being proposed to, looking into my husband's eyes as I walk down the aisle, holding my first child. Yes, that probably sounds pretty corny but what can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic with an active imagination! Swinging is also a time where I can just clear my mind, let my hair down, kick my shoes off and let go of everything. It's beautiful! I think I need to swing tonight...

My good friend/mentor Amanda had her baby shower this past Sunday, and I was working like mad to get her gift done in time but it just didn't happen. That's ok though-the finishing touches I took the time to add really pulled it together and made it look a whole lot better than I thought it would. (This is the "special surprise" I alluded to in my other postings). Here is the stroller blanket I made in Ohio State colors (their favorite college team...mine too!) complete with a hole in the middle for the stroller buckle to go through. I found the pattern in "The Happy Hooker" (a funky and amazing book full of cute crochet patterns!)


And her are more muffins! These were apple cinnamon...made with apples, apple juice and I substituted applesauce for oil. Yum! (These are also yummy with coffee...)


And last of all, the Berry Berry smoothie I made yesterday...smoothieweb.com has some GREAT recipes I'd love to try and yesterday I combined raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries with a little milk and vanilla yogurt and it was delicious! New obsession=making smoothies. Today I'm going to try a soy and blueberry concoction!


Today is supposed to be another stormy day...I hope it doesn't ruin the picnic Rachel, Lindsay and I have planned! Watermelon, pasta salad, pie and a mystery entree makes for an amazing time with friends. I feel like God has blessed me completely on all sides with beautiful people...those who build me up, call me out when I'm wrong, and pray for me...and in return I can do all of that for them, because we all have the foundation of Christ. God has been good to me.

1 comment:

  1. looks good. if you have a passion for smoothies now i can train you some when you get back to jacktown

    ReplyDelete