Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New day, new project, new thoughts...


Today was lovely. And rainy. And basically perfect for coffee and brunch!

I woke up at 10:30, which is extremely rare for me. At school it's safe to say I would wake up at 7:30 every weekend-literally NO rest for the weary. But now that I'm at home and stress free, I can finally REST! And create! And do whatever I want! Sigh. It's quite nice.

This morning I was doing a little devotional on the thought of KNOWING. That sounds kind of strange, but lately all of these "unknowns" have been placed before me. I'm not really stressing about them, because I know in the end God will work it all out, but still...nothing is sure. How am I supposed to know if I'm listening to the right voice? How can I be sure the steps I'm taking are the right ones? I can really get lost in the questions and doubts at times, which mostly happens when my focus is in the wrong place. For me, the only things I can do to keep those creeping, doubting feelings at bay is a lot of prayer, seeking answers and comfort in the Bible, and just being still, and LISTENING. (That's a liiitle hard for me...I'll admit it.) It's really comforting to know that I don't have to have it all figured out-it's not my job. And I would suck at it anyway!

"I know that you can do all things, no plan of yours can be thwarted...Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know." Job 42

"Be still and know that I am God." Ps. 46

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Ps. 139


I was a bit bummed I couldn't work on my chair more because of the rain, but I still got a lot of other things done. I was able to clean off my newest project, take pictures of hats we have from the 20s, semi-mostly-unpack all of my JUNK from school, and work a little more on a special project for this weekend (pictures to come later!) Here are some before and after shots of the bathroom armoire that belonged to my great-grandma. Apparently it was painted with "milk paint" (luckily not toxic like lead paint) so the next step after cleaning is to sand it down and remove some of the paint that's peeling off. There are also a few places where the wood is warped, so I think I'm going to go to Lowe's in the next few days to find some thin masonite or something to replace it with. Sadly it's too big to go with me to the 'Plex, but I think once it's fixed up I'll put it in my room here at home and take a different bookshelf down there instead.

Before I cleaned it...


After!

The inside...

The sides that have to be replaced...

And random glasses I found that may be coming with me to the south!




Half off day tomorrow at Salvation Army...adorable mustard yellow adorable ottoman here I come! I'm also going to make more Mixed Berry Oatmeal muffins (this time making them with raspberries) and try my hand again at Chocolate Chip scones for a girls' brunch in the morning. I can't wait! (Once again, check out allrecipes.com for these yummy recipes!)


No comments:

Post a Comment