Friday, July 29, 2011

Beautiful moments/things I'll miss.

Some of my Juniors...already miss these silly girls.

It's probably not a huge surprise to tell you how much I've been daydreaming and reflecting and thinking lately, but needless to say, that's what I've been doing. My second summer at P-M is only a week and 2 days from ending, and I'm going through a mixed bag of feelings. On one hand, I really am looking forward to my own bed, an interrupted night's sleep, and a room that isn't full of mice, spiders and wasps. On the other hand, I'll miss my girls, John's cooking, and the most beautiful morning runs I've ever had in my life. Like today...technically it's still my day off but of course, my body woke me up early-5:45am to be exact. Nature was also calling at that exact moment, and as I stepped outside to walk to the bathroom, I noticed how lovely the sky was. The sun wasn't up yet, but the entire sky was a very light blush pink...it was like the sky was just holding its breath WAITING for the sun to come up. It sounds simple, but it gave me the fuel I needed to have an amazing run. It's crazy, even though it's almost August, it's cold enough in the mornings to make my eyes water and make my able to see my breath. I love this place.

More things I love about Colorado:
-The sunsets.
-A little house on a mountain I look at everyday and think-"Someday, I want to live there." It's perfectly situated on top of a mountain so it can see both sunrise and sunset.
-The mountains.
-Euzoa Bible Church. The worship team there.
-Waking my girls up in the morning.
-Oatmeal with all the fixin's.
-Journaling on my back stoop.
-Having the most beautiful view out of my door.
-Cold mornings.
-Reading my girls "Hector and the Search for Happiness" every night before they go to sleep.
-The other counselors.
-Bears that visit the camp several times a week (well, maybe not this one).
-The meadow at the top of Buffalo Pass.
-The sunshine. Even after a rainy day, the sun still comes out.
-Being needed.
-All of the yummy places to eat in downtown Steamboat.
-Tubing on the Yampa (doing this next Saturday...I HOPE I'll love this).

And a million more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment