Sunday, September 18, 2011

(re)Purpose.

And the lines have all been drawn, and I know where I belong, where I belong. And I think I like how the day sounds through this new song.
Greg Laswell has been singing the words in my spirit as of late. Along with "Comes and Goes", my playlist includes any/all Mumford and Sons, Adele, and Bon Iver. Who am I kidding-that's been my playlist for this entire summer. Amidst all of the shifting and changing that's been going on lately, several songs have been on repeat; you can also add Mumford's "After the Storm" to that list. You can say these past few days have been tough on the ol' ticker. As the days pass, there are constant reminders to what I used to have, and there's a certain emptiness I feel because my life is no longer interwoven with someone else's. It's very odd. There are times when I'll be driving, and a song will come on the radio that hits me at just the right moment, and all of a sudden I'm vulnerable, my wound is exposed, and I'm crying. Sometimes it's not a song, but simply the beauty of a fall evening (which I haven't seen for at least 4 years), and the way the setting suns sparkles in the trees while simultaneously whipping my hair back and forth just makes me think, "This would surely be nice to share with someone." I'm sure that these aren't the only moments I'll have in the coming days, weeks, months.

But through all of the pain, sadness, and letting go, one thing has remained perfectly clear:

I am exactly where I'm supposed to be.
Yep. That is QUITE clear. Since I got home from my whirlwind North Carolina/Mississippi/Louisiana adventure, it's been non-stop blessings. Firstly, my job at Baires' has been amazing. I feel like I make new friends everyday, and I love having a small part in making someone's day, whether that be by serving them yummy food, or just giving them a smile. There's a lot of older couples that frequent the restaurant, and I feel like I've gained several sets of grandparents, two of my favorite being "Gregorio" (Gregory) and Janice. These two are just TOO precious. Every time they walk in, they get a boisterous greeting from Marcela, which includes (but is not limited to) a "GREGORIOOOOOOO" and hugs and kisses all around. I love watching the exchange, and I love talking to them about everything from theatre to cats and the gentle way that Gregorio takes care of Janice is beautiful to watch. I want a Gregorio. 


Secondly, after beginning the application process for Teach for America at the end of August/early September, and waiting and waiting and oh yes, waiting, I am SO happy to be blessed with the chance to have an in person interview on the 19th of this month! Yahoo! To get to this point, I had to fill out a very extensive application, then wait to hear if I was granted an over-the-phone interview, and then after that interview, I had to wait a bit more to see if I was granted an in-person interview. Now I'm in the midst of filling out more extensive forms online before the 19th, and praying that my transcript gets here before the 14th, which is when all of my forms are due. I'm not even in college anymore and my life is STILL full of deadlines-will it ever end?? (Silly question, Danielle). I also have to prepare a 5 minute lesson to present to my fellow interviees and the interviewers, and right now I'm at a bit of a loss. Hopefully God will bring something fun, awesome, and highly educational to my mind in these next few days...


And then there's the YMCA. On the same day I found out about my TFA interview, I got a call from the Y saying that I am in fact hired part time to work in the Wellness Center-another YAHOO! This was also 2 weeks of waiting and wondering what I did wrong in my interview and re-evaluating everything in my head, which was silly and all for naught. I think I need to learn on trusting God more.


These are just a few of the amazing things God has been doing up here in Central Ohio. Did I ever think this is the path I would be placed on-to be living with my parents, working two jobs, while applying to be a teacher in Oklahoma? And where does theatre fit into all of this??


No. And I don't know.


But is this where I am called to be?


YES. 100 and 10 times YES.


More exciting things to come...I can just feel it. 

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment