Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Life lately (Part 1).

Ok, so I can't go back in time and fill up this blog with entries. BUT one thing I can do is post pictures of things that have happened this year so you can get small taste of what life has been like...and let me tell you, it's been pretty good. Here is just the fall semester...I didn't want to overload you with TOO many pictures. Spring semester coming SOON:) Enjoy.

I returned to Belhaven early in August to be a Peer Leader for a 3rd and final time. This is me as Lady Gaga in a video we put together for the Freshman. As you can tell, I loved it.

This was my AWESOME Peer Group. So many wonderful people and the best Peer Partners ever, fellow seniors Lake and Gip.

After being separated for 3 months, I FINALLY got to see Dan again. It was (and still is) pretty great to be in such close proximity to each other. I'm definitely cherishing each and every moment we get to spend together these days.


I was chosen to be on Homecoming Court and I loved that both of my parents were able to come and spend the weekend with me. I didn't win Queen, but that's ok-the time spent with friends and family was invaluable.



Ahhhh....another reunion I loved was once again being with my bestie and room-bug Marie. Here we are with homemade pumpkin spice cappuccinos, made with the help of my espresso machine. YUM.

I played several parts in Belhaven's experimental take on "Romeo and Juliet", which we called "Juliet and her Romeo." And by 'several parts' I mean I played at least 9. There were only 8 of us in the show and it was one of the most challenging plays I've ever been in. I also played a man quite a lot and when I wore this mustache I also felt I should stick out my tongue.

For my 22nd birthday, Dan and I got some yummy sushi and these delightful creations from Maggie Moo's. I've found the perfect ice cream combo there-fresh banana ice cream with Reece's Cups and chocolate syrup mixed in. HEAVEN.

For my birthday weekend, I visited Dave in Oklahoma, his new home. We had an amazing weekend together...yep, he's not only my brother but one of my best friends.

Sadly, he couldn't make it home for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but thank goodness for Skype.

I got to direct a One Act show, which was such an amazing experience. Here are some of the other directors on opening night. These people are some of the coolest cats around...


Best. Class. Ever. This is one thing I'm really going to miss when I leave Belhaven...we had a wonderful response to our shows from the student body.

Footie Pajamas...my super cool Christmas present from Dan. :)

I baked lots and lots of sugar cookies and other various goodies...the Christmas season just puts me in the mood to bake non-stop.

Our cute decorations for our Christmas gathering at the 'Plex. Definitely inspired by a Target commercial.

Road trip to Pensacola for Becki & Zach's wedding, which was awesome and precious and SO them.

First dance.

A group of beautiful seniors...if I do say so myself.


Guess who caught the bouquet?


No comments:

Post a Comment