Sunday, June 19, 2011

Landed.

Just like the Ben Folds...I have landed. In good ol' Steamboat Springs, Colorado that is. As I flew into Denver and then took a 3 hour ride on the Alpine Taxi to Steamboat, I reflected on many, many things. First, that it had been a year since my eyes had seen this BEAUTIFUL state. And when I say "beautiful", I'm not even joking. Actually, "beautiful" is probably not the most accurate word I could use to describe the surroundings I have the privilege to see everyday...magnificent, awe inspiring, marvelous...I could go on and on. I marveled at the large amount of snow I saw on the drive in. Here it is, almost July and there are areas that still have several feet of snow. Even the mountains surrounding camp are still ski-able. CRAZY. As a result the rivers around here are VERY high and it doesn't look like tubing down the Yampa will be possible this year, which is a river that runs right through downtown.

I also had a lot of time to reflect the ways in which life has changed since graduation. I still don't think I have a handle on the fact that I am d-o-n-e DONE with school. Everyone keeps telling me to wait until August and then it'll really be weird and surreal to see all of my friends going back to school while I....well, I'm still not sure what I'll be doing yet. Something. Anyway, many changes of the heart have been happening (and are still happening, and evolving) and this past week has most definitely been a time of prayer, journaling, and reflection. I can already tell this summer is going to be a HUGE time of spiritual growth...that is, if I can stop trying to push my agenda for one second and allow Christ to change my heart and mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment