Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Kitchen Edition.

Here's a little sampling of the work I've done on the kitchen thus far. I keep talking about it on Facebook, so I figure I better show the fruits of my labor in order to not be considered a liar or something. One of the easiest parts of this process has been ripping the wallpaper off-Mike and Jen knew what they were doing when they put it up 25 years ago. The crappy part has been scraping all of the adhesive off of the walls. WOOF. Thankfully, I finished up the last of the scraping and painting last night, so now all that has to be done is putting up the rest of the chair rail and then putting everything back in its place...I can't tell you how happy mom is about that last part. And I think it's safe to say she's pretty happy that she was able to sit back, relax and allow dad and I to do something nice for her. I can't tell you how much I appreciate my mom and all she does for me...I know that re-doing a kitchen can't properly thank her for a lifetime of being wonderful, but I'd like to think it shows her a little bit of my love for her.
I love my mama:)


Before...

A few of dad's antiques.

More antiques...we won't be putting all of these back up when the kitchen's done. Don't get me wrong, I'm ALL about family heirlooms and neat little gadgets (we have Warren G. Harding's flask, for example), there is such thing as decoration overload, which we want to avoid.

And the cabinet doors are off-time to clean them with Orange Glo and paint the trim.

First wall DONE.

I'm going to put up more pictures later, but I just wanted to give a little sneak peek into my world, as of late. Stay tuned for the finished product:)









No comments:

Post a Comment